Saturday, June 20, 2009

Kuala Lumpur

Call it fate or whatever you like... but it's kind of a funny coincidence that being now in Chile since more than a year I have the opportunity to work for a Malaysian operator (namely Packet 1) that won a license to implement a WiMAX Network in Chile. Since we (Alcatel-Lucent) are their supplier in Malaysia, we are in a good position to also become their supplier for Chile.
Thanks to this project, I spent the last 3 weeks in Malaysia (minus almost 4 days to go and come back) where we went to hold the final clarifications and negociations.
It was a LOT of work packed in a short time because there is a deadline for completion of phase 1 of the project for October 2009. Which means they need to find the supplier, negotiate and sign a contract in a record time.
Which also means I also didn't have any free time when I was there...
I still managed to see some former colleagues, some local friends, go Climb at camp5 2 days in a row, eat some nice local food, go for a nice massage and even Jam with my former band buddies!! :-) That was really cool guys!
I couldn't do all I wanted and see all the friends I planned too but anyway it was excellent to be back to Malaysia for a few weeks.

One thing I didn't remember is how hot and humid this country is! It's insane!!
I'm now back in Chile (since this morning) and catching up on my blog!

No comments: