Saturday, June 20, 2009

5th meeting of BellyDance lovers in Chile

suprised by the title?
unless you know that my friend Taryn is a Bellydance teacher and dancer. It's been a long time I wanted to go to see a show but somehow it seems that I was never there at the right time. Before that I only got to see her student graduation ceremony in a Restaurant in Santiago's Bellavista neighborhood.
So that time I was invited and I went to the 5th meeting of bellydancing lovers in Chile, with a special guest from Argentina, namely Shanan.
I took the most of the occasion to try my birthday gift, an external flash for my camera. Unfortunately the batteries died quickly so I was stuck with the tiny integrated flash at the end, but it still did a fairly good job so I won't complain (it was my fault anyway!). Although I'm not especially into Arabic music the show was really entertaining, with lots of different groups of dancers, with different styles of dancing and of clothing.

You can enjoy some photos of the show below:

No comments: