Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Touring Chile

After few years without seeing each other (well, it's not exactly true for Rodolphe who visited me a couple of times in Asia..), my good friends from engineering school Rodolphe, Julien and his girlfriend Valérie came to pay me a visit in Chile.
In 12 days we covered the main tourist spots:
- The desert of San Pedro de Atacama up North (the driest in desert in the World)
- The lake regions with Puerto Varas, Ensenada, the Lago de todos los santos (Lake of all saints) and Peulla in the South of Chile
- Puerto Natales / Torres del Paine in the Southern part of Chile or Chilean Patagonia.

We really had a great time! And although it was sort of short we got a real good overview of what Chile has to offer for the nature lover. And a lot to offer it has!! From South to North (or conversely in our case) Chile really is a beautiful place and there are some really incredible, breath taking landscapes.
I'm glad I came here to live! South America and the Andes mountain range has yet a lot for me to discover and enjoy :-)

Enjoy the show!


6 comments:

Ace said...

Sayang, i want to visit u one day.
All the photos are so amazing!!!
I am freezing in europe.
Bis Ace

Unknown said...

Great pics man. The smoky one is great.

(http://foto-licious.com)

Jerome said...

come sayang, come!!
Chile is an amazing Country!
Thanks Bob... these are my very first steps playing with my new Camera...

Mino said...

Waouh great pictures, Chile looks like a beautiful country.

I hope to see similar landscapes... in NZ :-).
Except for the lamas of course (but with some hobbits)

Sandrine said...

Amazing pictures! Ca fait rever :-)

Aom said...

I wish i could be there in person one day i hope:-)it is amazing place and interesting! Hugs.